Vinegar is often used to spice up a vinaigrette. But do you know that it can have many other uses in recipes? Here are 15 ideas for recipes with vinegar, both tasty and original.
Vinegar is an acidic product, made from a acetic fermentation of wine or alcohol. These liquids are transformed in contact with a mother of vinegar, a fine particle which forms on its surface, and which mainly includes acetic bacteria. Vinegar can be made at home, in a vinegar maker, from alcohols such as wine, beer or even cider.
The benefits of vinegar
This sour drink includes beneficial properties in several ways for the body :
- It is a preparation that helps to limit the effects of diabetes and lower blood pressure;
- The acetic acid it contains moderates blood sugar levels;
- His anti-oxidants delay aging cells prematurely. They would also make it possible to also prevent certain pathologies, such as cancers, cerebral degeneration and cardiovascular diseases.
However, it is advisable to do not abuse too much vinegar, because its acidity can deteriorate tooth enamel and cause burns. The sulfites it contains are also allergenic in some people.
What uses for vinegar?
In the kitchen, vinegar is used in many preparations:
- In Vinaigrettewith oil and spices;
- In seasoning and flavoring savory or sweet preparations;
- In deglazing meat and fish cooking;
- As a preservative of potted foods.
White vinegar is also used in replacement of household products. Combined or not with other ingredients (such as lemon or baking soda) depending on the uses and recipes, it is useful for deodorizing, disinfecting, cleaning, and even descaling surfaces and certain appliances such as washing machines. . It differs from household vinegar, which is more acidic and therefore more effective in cleaning certain surfaces.
Vinegar is a preparation that is used to give pep to recipes. To change from the traditional oil/vinegar/salt and pepper vinaigrette, this slideshow presents 15 original recipes made with different varieties of vinegar.
Subscribe to the Top Santé Newsletter to receive the latest news for free